Advertisement - Hide this advert

: ACL reconstruction 10 days ago!  ( 192 )

carlos12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • : 6
  • : 0
ACL reconstruction 10 days ago!
« : December 31, 2017, 06:08:55 PM »
Hey everyone!

I had ACL reconstruction in my right knee using a same knee patellar tendon (autograft) 10 days ago. I have felt relatively well so far, and was off pain meds after 2 days. My main problem: I'm in panic that my graft will tear with any movement and I think this is limiting my activities and my recovery speed. Does anyone have any insight on how easy it is for a graft to tear this early assuming it was placed correctly?

Thanks!

Vickster

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • : 3854
  • : 272
  • Neelie knee!
Re: ACL reconstruction 10 days ago!
« #1 : December 31, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »
You'd need to twist with some force akin to the initial injury I believe. Weeks 6-12 are when you have to be very careful when the graft is revascularising and at its most vulnerable. And then when you start to go back to sport at 6 months or when allowed by physio and surgeon

10 days post op you should really be resting and working to get extension back I would think. Not doing anything remotely active.

Discuss your concerns with your physio. Follow the rehab protocol from your surgeon to the absolute letter.

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
LK New MRI shows lat & medial meniscus tear & other stuff
RK MRI lat meniscus tear
8/1/15 RK Steroid jab,
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation

carlos12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • : 6
  • : 0
Re: ACL reconstruction 10 days ago!
« #2 : December 31, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
Thanks!

They told me to put weight on the leg as tolerable while using 2 crutches, and they gave me a set of exercises: straight leg raises without weight after one week, quad sets (basically contracting the quad), some calf stretches, and knee bending up to 90 degrees for the time being.

I'm still wearing my brace if I go out of my house, and I have walked max ~500 meters very slowly with my crutches at any given time.