Advertisement - Hide this advert

Test Add

: Post Op Partial Knee Replacement  ( 62 )

Lifting1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • : 1
  • : 0
Post Op Partial Knee Replacement
« : January 05, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »
I am a 62 year old man from the U.S., six months post-op partial knee replacement.  All has gone well but I have hit a plateau in swelling reduction.  The knee feels and looks good in the morning but as soon as I begin to move about, the swelling begins.  It is limiting my range of motion in the knee and my physical therapist is baffled.  I saw my surgeon at the beginning of December and he said he was "almost happy", and that imaging that day showed the implant is solid and functioning well.  He scheduled me for a March appointment.  I am frustrated. Although I am walking without pain which is great, the swelling is concerning me.  Can anyone speak to this?  Am I expecting too much?  I know that I am an impatient sort, always being heavily involved in athletics and coaching and, except for my knee, in very good shape.  I am doing every exercise that I have been given and even some that I made up myself trying to get to full recovery.  Thank you so much!

jackson7

• Regular Poster
  • : 91
  • : 5
Re: Post Op Partial Knee Replacement
« #1 : January 07, 2018, 11:55:09 PM »
May just be genetic.  10 months post-op and my knee still gets hot if i do even the least bit of exercise...and i had much less work done than you.  If i walk even one block, the menisectomy area starts hurting really bad.  If you're not having any pain, then just keep trying to manage the swelling with occasional ice pack and maybe some low dose aspirin...and just be glad it's not worse. 
Dec 2015: slow speed bicycle crash (wet leaves)
Jan 2016: a zillion x-rays & 2 MRIs only showed tendinosis
Mar 2016: bone scan showed "uptake" in all compartments
Aug 2016: cortisone shot (did nothing)
Mar 2017: diag scope (partial med meniscus resection, med fem chondroplasty, synovectomy)