: Have You Had Tendonitis?  ( 2 )

Tai-pan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • : 1
  • : 0
Have You Had Tendonitis?
« : January 09, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
Hi All,

I'm really at a loss to what is going on with my knee! It has been 6 months now since the onset of my pain. I have rested it ever since, I had physical therapy for 3 months, acupuncture, ice/heat, I bought myself the same ultrasound machine, my physical therapist uses, and have been doing daily 15-minute sessions for the last 2 months I also bought a complex unit which I use twice daily...and one final thing, I have been having Prolozone injections for the last 6 weeks as well. Yes, the pain has lessened to a level where it is better described as discomfort and severe weakness.
I had 60% of my meniscus removed in this knee 3 years ago and have had no trouble up until now, I have recently had an MRI scan and the surgeon said, 'As far as bad knees go, this isn't that bad', but gave me no explanation why I'm experiencing the problem I have.
The onset of this condition came the following day after doing squats and Deadlifts in the gym, the weights were not heavy and I performed 6-8 reps for 4 sets. I did not feel any pain or discomfort at the time, however, the next morning I did.
So my question is to anyone who has suffered from Tendonitis, as I'm thinking this is what I have, what were your symptoms and please do your best to describe the pain/uncomfort you experienced and how long it lasted and what helped you resolve it, thank you.
1) My knee does not hurt to bend but does feel weak
2) Walking for more than 10 mins heightens the pain
3) Standing still brings the pain a lot quicker than walking, this happens within a minute! The best description of this pain is to call it pressure/stress in the centre of the knee and it's about a 4 out of 10 pain.
Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you soon, many thanks.

support